Please refer to our Disclaimer in consideration to this product.
Purple Heart: $77.00
Iron Wood: $77.00
White Oak: $55.00
Custom dimensions are available upon request.
Please leave reviews using the comment form below.
- Standard width: 1 and 1/8 inch
- Length: 4 ft.
- Soaked in Teak Oil for durability
- Hand rubbed finish
- Custom widths and lengths are available upon request.
- As you practice with your Jo, it’s important to keep your gear in good shape.
- Through normal wear and tear, Jo staffs can and will get damaged.
- Training with a damaged staff can result in injury.
- A light coat of a Teak Oil every 6 months is a great way to keep your Jo durable. More frequent applications of Teak Oil will not hurt the avid practitioner’s Jo.
- Always remember to train in a safe environment.
My ironwood jo is truly a fine piece of craftsmanship; the weapon is a beast—straight and heavy. Doing kata with this highlights flaws and build proper technique. I would not hesitate to buy another such weapon from Carmelo—he does great work and is very good about staying in contact with his customers.
I just got my special order Jo today.I was extremely happy with the craftmanship and would gladly refer you to my martial art friends that are interested in a quality weapon.
For love of Jo
Got this as part of a training set and it is indeed an awsome piece. The only problem is that I am warry of breaking other peoples training tools just because The Iron wood I choose is so dense/strong lol. The octagonal cut of all the staffs also gives you nice surface contours for locks and submissions.
I got one of these a couple of months ago and can’t say enough good things about it! Solid, well constructed, work and a balance I can only describe as wickedly sick. I also use this as my “walking stick” whenever I go hiking and it holds up well. This isn’t the only thing I have purchased from Bujinkan Weapons and it certainly won’t be the last!
A few weeks back I gave Carmelo a piece Purple Heart I'd held on to for some time. He came back to me a few weeks later with an absolutely amazing Jo staff. Being bigger than the average practitioner, it feels great to work with quality tools made for my size. You can trust you're going to get a great tool that will last you for years of hard training.